Sugar-Lips Habasi asks you to bring to her a decanter of vintage brandy from the home of Ralen Hlaalo (Hlaalo Manor), a recently deceased noble of Balmora. To his wife, he left behind numerous bottles of fine brandy that Sugar-Lips, obviously having lips for more than just sugar, desires. I once noticed Habasi dissapeared and if I did stuff in the cornerclub I would hear some cat screaming and find him dead. I continued my adventure and on my return I was welcomed by Sugar Lips at our agreed upon locaton.
- Shop for Sugarlips Best Sellers! Find trendy yet affordable selection of Dresses, Jumpsuits, Rompers Tops, Off The Shoulders, Pants, Skirts and more! From casual to formal, we've got your style covered. Enjoy Free Shipping on orders over $49!
- Confused, I talked to Sugar-Lips Habasi. She gave me a standard greeting (asking if I had gotten that diamond for her yet), but then after the greeting the same thing showed up.
- Sugar-Lips Habasi needs to reinforce the hideout's security system but lacks the mastery of locks and traps to accomplish such a feat. She requires you to find her an Altmer, a master of traps and locks, to help reinforce the South Wall. She claims that a person of such skill exists in Balmora, but is unsure of the true identity of the Altmer.
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.|
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Sugar-Lips Habasi (habasi)|
|Location||South Wall Cornerclub|
Sugar-Lips Habasi is a Khajiitthief and a Mastermind in the Thieves Guild. She's the leader of the Balmora Guild found in the South Wall Cornerclub. She will give you some quests dealing with the strengthening of the Balmora branch of the Thieves Guild. Habasi has the largest, and highest quality, selection of restocking Thieves Tools (up to Master level) for sale and also offers major training in Acrobatics, and medium training in Security and Sneak. Unfortunately, these services are available only to Thieves Guild members ranked Bandit or higher. Like all Khajiit, she can see well in the dark and can demoralize others for short periods, but otherwise knows no spells. She is wearing a common shirt with matching pants as well as a chitin cuirass with matching greaves and bothleather bracers. She wields a glass dagger.
- 2Quests Given
- 3Related Quests
- 'Have you found a diamond for Habasi?'
- 'Did you get the Nerano Manor key for Habasi?'
- 'Where are the Dwemer Artifacts Habasi asked you to get? Have you found them, %PCRank?'
- 'Tell Habasi about the Vintage Brandy. Have you found what Ralen Hlaalo left behind?'
- 'Habasi asked you to free our brother. Where is New-Shoes Bragor?'
- 'It is important we defend the South Wall. Who is the master of security, %PCName?'
- 'A friend wants a diamond from Habasi. Nalcarya of White Haven had diamonds last time Habasi sniffed out her store. Bring Habasi a diamond.'
- 'You have a diamond for Habasi?'
- Yes, here it is.: [Disposition +10; Diamond has been removed from your inventory; Exclusive Invisibility has been added to your inventory] 'Yes, a diamond. Habasi will take care of everything. Habasi cannot pay you until Habasi's friend pays Habasi... But Habasi has this potion to give you.
- 'Habasi has a diamond. Habasi's friend has a diamond.'
- No, nevermind.: [Disposition -10.] 'Habasi is concerned. What if Habasi's friend is restless? Then what happens to Habasi?'
- Dwemer artifacts:
- 'Go to Fatleg's Drop Off in Hla Oad. If Ra'Zhid won't give you the Dwemer artifacts, find them, and return them to Habasi. You must bring Habasi a Dwarven goblet, a Dwarven bowl, and a Dwemer tube.'
- Hla Oad: 'Hla Oad is a backwater town of fishermen southwest of Balmora. You can follow an old trail down the River Odai to get there.'
- 'You have Ra'Zhid's Dwemer artifacts?'
- Yes, here they are [Disposition +10; Dwemer Tube has been removed from your inventory; Ornate Dwemer Goblet has been removed from your inventory; Ornate Dwemer Bowl has been removed from your inventory; 2 Master's Lockpick has been added to your inventory; 2 Journeyman's Probe has been added to your inventory; Journeyman's Armorer's Hammer has been added to your inventory.] 'Habasi looks. Yes, a Dwemer tube, a Dwemer bowl, a Dwemer goblet. All here. You have done Habasi a favor. Habasi gives you some tools.'
- 'You brought the artifacts to your good friend Habasi.'
- No, nevermind'Get them from Ra'Zhid before Ra'Zhid sells them.'
- 'You have Ra'Zhid's Dwemer artifacts?'
- 'A good friend of Habasi wants a diamond. Nalcarya the Alchemist has diamonds.'
- 'Habasi wants the key to Nerano Manor.'
- 'Ra'Zhid, no good friend of Habasi, stole Dwemer artifacts from the Guild.'
- 'Ralen Hlaalo died recently, but left a bottle of Vintage Brandy.'
- 'Fort Pelagiad's jail holds a member of the Guild, New-Shoes Bragor.'
- 'A master of security lives here in Balmora. Habasi knows only that he is an Altmer. Perhaps he can help secure the South Wall.'
- 'Habasi has no jobs for you. Ask Aengoth the Jeweler in Ald'ruhn or Big Helende in Sadrith Mora.'
- Nalcarya of White Haven: 'Her shop is on the northwest side of town. Go across the river, turn right, and keep going. If you reach the temple, turn left.'
- Nerano Manor:
- 'Habasi wants the key to Nerano Manor. Downstairs Manors are rarely locked, but Habasi wants to go upstairs secretly. Who has the key? Ondeea Nerano has a key. Habasi thinks Nerano's servant, Sovor Trandel at the Council Club, has a key.'
- 'You have a key for Habasi?'
- Yes, here it is.'Habasi sees no key. Bring the key to Habasi.'OR [Disposition +10. Key to Nerano Manor has been removed from your inventory. 500 Gold has been added to your inventory.] 'Yes. Habasi likes this key very much. Habasi pays you well for this key.'
- 'Habasi has the key. You know this. Why ask Habasi more about the key?'
- No, nevermind. [Disposition -10.] 'Habasi is no patient clan mother. Bring the key to Habasi.'
- New-Shoes Bragor:
- 'Habasi knows a way to free New-Shoes. Mebestien Ence in Pelagiad smuggles Dwemer items. Shadbak gra-Burbug takes bribes from Mebestien. Fetch a mysterious Dwemer device from Mebestien's shop and take it to Shadbak. Tell Shadbak to let New-Shoes go or you'll let everyone know Shadbak takes bribes.'
- [Disposition +10; 1000 Gold has been added to your inventory.] 'New-Shoes is free? Habasi knew you could do this thing. Take these 1000 drakes, less than what it would cost without your help.'
- 'New-Shoes is free.'
- 'Habasi wanted to help our brother escape from prison, but it seems the person who would be able to help us is dead. This is bad, %PCRank. If he tries to leave without help from the inside, they will kill him. We will have to move on to other jobs.'
- 'There is no more to say about that.'
- Ondres Nerano: 'He lives near Nalcarya's shop. His home is in the middle of the street.'
- Ralen Hlaalo: 'Yes, Ralen Hlaalo is dead, so he does not need the brandy. He lives on the northwest side of town, up on the hill.'
- Sovor Trandel:
- 'He spends all his time and gold at the Council Club over by the silt strider.'
- 'Habasi did not mean for you to kill him. You must be more careful in the future.'
- South Wall:
- 'The master of security is an Altmer here in town. That is all Habasi knows.'
- 'Hecerinde is the master of security? And he will help us? This is good, Habasi thinks. It will not be long before the Sjoring Hard-Heart and the Camonna Tong make another move against us. You have been of good service, %PCRank. If there is any gold on your head for crimes others believe you did, Habasi will have it fixed.'
- 'Hecerinde will help us secure the South Wall.'
- Vintage Brandy:
- 'The Vintage Brandy is in Hlaalo Manor. Bring this brandy to Habasi.'
- 'Do you have the Vintage Brandy for Habasi?'
- Yes, here it is. [Disposition +10; Vintage Brandy has been removed from your inventory; 1000 Gold has been added to your inventory.] 'Yes, this is fine brandy. Habasi gives you a fair price. 1000 drakes.'
- 'You brought Habasi fine Vintage Brandy.'
- No, not yet.'Go to Hlaalo Manor and fetch the Vintage Brandy for Habasi. Ralen Hlaalo does not need it anymore.'
- Diamonds for Habasi: Obtain a diamond from the local alchemist.
- Nerano Manor Key: Get the key to Nerano Manor.
- Ra'Zhid's Dwemer Artifacts: Recover some Dwemer artifacts from Ra'Zhid in Hla Oad.
- The Vintage Brandy: Steal some fine Brandy from the Hlaalo Manor.
- Free New-Shoes Bragor: Free a fellow member of the Guild from prison in Pelagiad.
- Master of Security: Help Habasi find the security master in town.
- Remove the Heads of the Thieves Guild: Kill the Thieves Guild bosses.
- Sugar-Lips Habasi also appears in Legends as the alternate art for the card Baandari Opportunist.
- If you have met Hecerinde by yourself and talk to Sugar-Lips about 'South Wall' without being on the last Thieves Guild quest, this will make Habasi skip quests.
- This bug is fixed by the Morrowind Patch Project.
- Habasi can simply disappear from the South Wall Cornerclub, making some Thieves Guild quests impossible to start, and others, including the Fighters Guild one involving her, impossible to complete, without using a Console command (e.g.,
PlaceAtPC,Habasi,1,1,1) to bring Habasi back. ?
- Negative numbers indicate restocking items.
Morrowind Vintage Brandy
The Thieves Guild has operations set up in Balmora at the South Wall Cornerclub, in Ald'ruhn at the Rat in the Pot, in Sadrith Mora at Dirty Muriel's Cornerclub, and in Vivec's Foreign Quarter Canalworks, behind Simine Fralinie's bookstore. Read the intro to the guilds to get a feel for some of the tensions that exist between the guilds lately. Like the mage and fighter guilds, there are no sponsors to acquire or strongholds to build. However, members of the Thieves Guild have the opportunity to remove any bounties that are currently posted on them at a nice, low (half-off!) rate. If a member does something criminal and gets caught, they can see a fellow thief about having the bounty paid off. Each Thieves Guild location has a member on-hand to handle such matters: Phane Rielle in Balmora, Crazy-Legs Arantamo in Vivec, Rissinia in Sadrith Mora, and Tongue-Toad in Ald'ruhn.
Favored abilities: agility and personalityFavored skills: sneak, security, acrobatics, light armor, short blade, marksmanFriends: Mages Guild, Imperial CultFoes: Sixth House, Camonna Tong; Ashlanders; Temple, Hlaalu, Redoran, Imperial Legion, Vampire ClansSpecial feature: ability to remove bounty on your head for half priceConflict with the Fighters Guild: the last Thieves Guild quest will require the execution of the current Fighters Guild Master, Sjoring Hard-Heart (does not prevent joining or ascending in the Fighters Guild, but removes the quest given by Sjoring to kill the current leader of the Thieves Guild)
Sugar-Lips (who I may refer to as Sugar, S-L, and/or Habasi) is in the South Wall Cornerclub in Balmora.
Find a Diamond
To start you off easy, Sugar-Lips simply wants a diamond. Any diamond will do, but if you're fresh out, you can buy or steal one from Nalcarya of White Haven at her alchemy shop in town.
Get Nerano Manor Key
Trickier than the previous quest: only two people have copies of this key. Ondres Nerano, in the manor itself, and Sovor Trandel, at the Balmora Council Club, both have copies. You will have to pickpocket or kill Ondres to get his copy, but you can bribe Sovor for his. Talk to him about 'Nerano Manor' and he'll suggest that a small consideration (10gp will do) will get him to say more, or in this case, give you the key. So, use persuasion and bribe him 10gp. Quick aside: if you take the key from Ondres, don't kill him – S-Lips won't like it. Interestingly enough, you can also give the key you got from Sovor to Ondres (ratting out Sovor), but then you lose the key and have to get it from Ondres. But it is an option. Anyway…
Retrieve Dwemer Artifacts
Next on Sugar-Lip's agenda is the recovery of three pieces of Dwemer dinnerware. Sugar will direct you to Fatleg's Drop Off in Hla Oad. Inside the Drop Off there is a locked chest behind a couple of barrels. The chest contains a Dwemer bowl, goblet, and tube. Lest there be any confusion, the inhabitants in the Drop Off will not take kindly to your theft. Once you have the items, you can bring them back to Sugar, but you could also have given S-L any Dwemer goblet, bowl, and tube that you happen to have – please note that the particular goblet type does matter – it is an Ornate Dwemer Goblet, 'misc_dwrv_goblet00' in TESCS.
Retrieve Vintage Brandy
Quick and relatively easy: Sugar-Lips wants you to get a bottle of vintage brandy. Just so happens that there is one in Hlaalo Manor right here in Balmora, and what's more, the manor's lord, Ralen Hlaalo, is dead, so once you get in, you just have to find the brandy and turn it over. It's on the main floor on a rack with loads of bottles – the vintage brandy is on the top shelf, smack-dab in the middle in an easily recognizable bottle. By the way, any bottle of vintage brandy will do for this quest.
Free New-Shoes Bragor
New-Shoes Bragor is in the Pelagiad prison. To free him you must talk to Shadbak gra-Burbug. But to get Burbug to acquiesce, you're gonna have to put him on the hot seat. To do that, pay a visit to Mebestien Ence's shop in Pelagiad. Go upstairs and pick the small chest on the shelf in his private quarters and steal the Dwemer coherer within. Take the Dwemer coherer to Burbug and let him question you about it. Confront him regarding how he knew it was from Mebby's shop and he'll let New-Shoes go. Nicely done.
There is a long version of this naturally, but for purposes of brevity, you just have to go to Hecerinde's house in Balmora, and talk to him about the 'South Wall.' Return to Habasi. This was Sugar-Lips' last quest.
Aengoth the Jeweler
Aengoth the Jeweler (whose quests will, strangely enough, not involve jewels or jewelry, nor will he sell jewelry or jewels) can be found at the Rat in the Pot in Ald'ruhn.
Loot the Mages Guild
Great timing! Just so happens that you should run over to the Mages Guild, which is currently devoid of occupants (limited time offer!) and bring back Anareren's Devil Tanto. So you go there, right, but – oops! It turns out that the place isn't empty. Kill the lone guy in there (don't worry about being seen or losing Mages Guild status, if applicable) and loot freely. Now, in the midst of looting, be sure to get the aforementioned tanto from the locked chest that is on top of a bookcase, downstairs, in the fresco on the right.
Get a Redoran Master Helm
Any Redoran Master Helm will do, but assuming you're strapped for one, you can go and get one in Arobar Manor inside the Ald'ruhn Manor District Building. Once inside Arobar Manor, make for the Bedrooms. The helmet in question is atop a closet. Oh, and try not to get caught. Oh, and you can accomplish Aengoth's next quest while you're here, so read on before going back to Aengoth. There also happens to be another Redoran Masters Helm in the Llethri Manor Bedrooms, in a locked (level 70) chest, if you wanted one for yourself, too.
Get Boethiah's Pillow Book
Just thought I'd save you a trip. This book is right across the hall from the room with Miner Arobar and the Master Helm. Gandosa Arobar has three chests behind a screen. The chest on the right has the book Aengoth wants.
Another book. There is more than one copy available. Try the Andus Tradehouse in Maar Gan – there's a copy in Miles Gloriosus' locked chest. Or, there is one in the Alas Ancestral Tomb. Hey – how ‘bout this for convenience: there's also one in the Guild of Mages right here in Ald'ruhn. Okay, okay – one more location: Sadrith Mora, in Llaalam Madalas' mage shop. Bring Aengoth the book and he'll toss you another job.
Get Scrap Metal
Now the little Bosmer wants some Dwemer scrap metal – 4 pieces to be exact. Hmm… Where can you get scrap metal? Try any Dwemer ruin – kill some centurions if it isn't in the steel kegs that occupy most of these places. Oh, all right – you can go and buy it from Cienne Sintieve' alchemy shop inside the Manor District Building, too.
Get the Darts of Judgment
These four darts are in the Llethri Manor Guards Quarters (in the Manor District Building) on a bed in the far corner. They're just lying there – all exposed and accessible – other than for the guards that are wandering all over the place, that is. Be careful. When you return with the darts, Aengoth will give you the option to keep them. In any event, this is his last quest.
Big Helende can be found in Sadrith Mora at Dirty Muriel's Cornerclub, at the head of the stairway on the second floor.
Bring Potion Recipe to Tusamircil
Go to Anis Seloth's alchemy shop to steal the recipe for the dispel magic potion. It's in a crate upstairs in his shop. Then bring it to Tusamircil in the Mages Guild inside Wolverine Hall.
Find a Grandmaster Retort
Any will do. Some possible locations: Berwen's trader shop in Tel Mora, the Services Tower in Tel Vos, and the Valenvaryon stronghold's Propylon Chamber.
Help Protect Dirty Muriel's Cornerclub
You have to hire a wizard. Arielle Phiencel in the Mages Guild in Wolverine Hall will help, but you'll have to get her 4 pieces of raw ebony first. Raw ebony can be obtained in a variety of locations and from a variety of sources, but the closest location is Anis Seloth's shop – it's in a locked crate. Once you get it, bring it to Arielle, who will, in turn, agree to help out by sending a Battlemage to protect the guild. Report back to Helende.
Get Redoran Cooking Secrets
This book will take you back to Ald'ruhn. It's in the Llethri Manor, in the Private Quarters. Find the room with the level 50 locked chest at the foot of the bed. The book is inside. Alternately, you can seek out Dinara Othrelas in the Llethri Manor entrance and persuade her to give you the book (her disposition needs to be better than 80).
Get Felen's Ebony Staff
Go to Tel Branora, Upper Tower, Therana's Chamber, and find Felen. Behind him is his ebony staff. Remember the Darts of Judgment? All vulnerable and exposed? Okay, so here we go again. It's just sitting there, propped up against some shelving. How do you want me to break it to you? It's not like he's giving it away – heck – it's even called 'Felen's Ebony Staff.' Do what you will – kill, steal, sneak, run, or any combination of the four – and bring the staff back to Helende to wrap up her last quest. Upon completion of this quest, you will have likely done enough work to be promoted to Ringleader.
Gentleman Jim Stacey
The big boss is located in Vivec's Foreign Quarter in the Canalworks Level, behind (meaning, enter and walk through) Simine Fralinie's bookstore. Jim has two types of quests. He has regular Thieves Guild quests and Bal Molagmer quests, which will involve you wearing these little gloves while doing good things in a Robin Hood kinda way. Jim's last quest will require the death of the current bad guy in charge of the Fighters Guild, whereupon he will name you Master Thief and retire.
Find Nads Tharen's Key
Sure, there's a plot to all this, but, bottom line: go to the St. Delyn Canton in Vivec, Canal South-Two, and you'll find Nads' dead body. Take the key from his corpse back to Jim.
Talk to Percius Mercius
Visit Percius Mercius in the Ald'ruhn Fighters Guild. Talk to him about helping the Thieves Guild, explore dialogue options, chat it up, bond, and then report back to Jim.
Bribe Eydis Fire-Eye
One of the pieces of information that Percius gave you will become your next task: obtain the Bitter Cup and give it to Eydis Fire-Eye in the Balmora Fighters Guild so that she will side with Jim and Percius against the Camonna Tong. The Bitter Cup is in Ald Reydania, a Velothi dome on the western tip of the longest most westerly island in the Sheogorad Region. The Cup is on a shrine in the Tower. Bring it to Eydis in Balmora when you are done and then report back to Jim.
Talk to Hrundi
Go to Wolverine Hall in Sadrith Mora and talk to Hrundi in the Fighters Guild. Ask him to join your cause, and he will if you get his disposition over 80. If you can't get an 80 disposition, shame on you. Now you'll have to look into the matter of his lover, Falena Hlaren at Fara's Hole in the Wall. Ask around or even visit Falena herself, and then confront Hrundi to gain his support.
Bal Molagmer Quests
To get these quests, talk to Jim about the Bal Molagmer (BM), and then don the gloves he gives you. Then talk to him again about the BM. Every time you want to do a BM quest, you have to have the gloves on when you talk to him. When you perform these tasks, too, you are encouraged to announce that what you have done is in the name of Bal Molagmer, so choose those type of dialogue options when applicable (grandiose statements like, 'in the name of Bal Molagmer, I return this (thing) to you').
BM: Return the Hlervu Locket
Go to the Venim Manor Guard Quarters in the Ald'ruhn Manor District and, in the fourth room on your left, you'll see the Hlervu Locket on a chest. Take this locket to Braynas Hlervu, who is outside his residence in Ald'ruhn. Just skip down the stairs from the Manor District and hang left – his hut is the one farthest left, below the Temple. As will be the case with all the BM quests, let it be known that this was an act of the Bal Molagmer when given the dialogue opportunity.
BM: Steal Yngling's Ledger
Go to Yngling Manor in the Vivec St. Olms Plaza. Go downstairs to the basement. The ledger is on a table. Bring it back to Jim.
BM: Return Land Deed to Indrele Rathryon
Go to the library in Vivec (Temple District, Hall of Wisdom). Steal the forged land deed from the bottom shelf of a bookcase. Not getting caught is, as always, a good idea. Now bring the deed to Indrele, a Dark Elven female, who will be wandering around in Seyda Neen. Tell her the deed is hers and return to Jim.
BM: Return Enamor to Salyn Sarethi
Jim will give you a note and a sword named Enamor. Take these items to the Lower Level of the Tower of Dusk in Ghostgate. Locate the chest (conveniently called 'Salyn Sarethi's Chest') in the barracks room and place the blade and the note within. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but try not to be seen. Return to Jim.
BM: Give Brallion's Ring to Ilmeni Dren
Go to Sadrith Mora, Fara's Hole in the Wall, and find Brallion. He has a ring you must acquire. You can buy it from him, steal it from him, or kill him (he also has the unique Amulet of Ignis, although this is hardly worth killing him for) and loot it from him. Once you get it, take the ring to Ilmeni Dren in Vivec, St. Delyn Canal South-One. Then go back to Jim.
BM: Steal and Donate Books
Go to Caldera's Governors Hall and head upstairs to where Odral Helvi is (or was, as the case may be). In a chest in his room are his personal, unique copies of A Brief History of the Empire. Steal these and take them to Vala Catraso in Ald'ruhn's Mages Guild. Give the gift of literacy, my friend.
BM: Steal Dwemer Goblet
This is the last Bal Molagmer quest. Go to The Hall of Justice in Vivec's Temple Canton. In the Justice Offices, and locate Berel Sala. On his desk, right in front of him, is a Dwemer Goblet. Ready for this? You have to swipe it. With high enough chameleon and sneak scores you can. Or, if you have the brass to go toe-to-toe with these guys and face all the social and legal consequences, then you can do that. Anyhow, once you've got it, bring it to Danso Indules, who's usually standing around in the corridor right outside and up the stairs between the entrances to the Halls of Justice and Wisdom.
Kill the Ienith Brothers
Jim will send you to the Dren Plantation to kill Navil and Ranes Ienith, two Camonna Tong enforcers. They will be in the basement of Dren's Villa, behind a pair of locked and trapped doors. Only one will be there at first, but the moment you attack him, his brother will spawn behind you. They are tough and wield paralyzing blades. Have fun. By the way – there's good loot to be had in the basement, and a note that may be useful later in blackmailing the drug lord and plantation owner, Orvas Dren.
Kill Sjoring Hard-Heart
Jim's last quest will be to kill the current Master of the Fighters Guild. Sjoring is also a member of the Camonna Tong so don't feel bad. Sjoring is in the Vivec Fighters Guild, located on the Plaza Level of the Foreign Quarter Canton. Go back to Jim afterward and you'll be made Master Thief of the Thieves Guild. Congrats.