DIESEL-RK is an engine simulation tool
Petrol Engine Introduction
The DIESEL-RK is professional thermodynamic full-cycle engine simulation software. This tool covers wide range of practice tasks: from general multicylinder engine concept analysis up to design of engine systems. The kernel of DIESEL-RK includes gas-exchange model, heat-exchange in engine elements, turbocharging, EGR, friction, water condensation, etc. (everything for full cycle simulation). DIESEL-RK is focused on advanced diesel combustion simulation and on emission formation prediction. The main features of DIESEL-RK are below, see details in What is a Diesel-RK.pdf as well.
- Thermodynamic analysis of Diesels fuelled by diesel oil, methanol, bio-fuels and mixtures of bio fuels with diesel oil. HCCI / PCCI concepts and Dual fuel systems are supported.
- Thermodynamic analysis of SI petrol engines and gas engines, including prechamber engines, and engines fuelled by Natural gas (Methane), Pipeline gas (Propane-Butane), Biogas, Wood gas, Syngas with arbitrary composition (Producer gas), etc.
- Water injection with account of H2O condensation and evaporation in intake manifold, port, cylinder.
- Thermodynamic analysis of Two- and Four-stroke engines; Junkers OP engines; Crank case scavenged engines, etc.
- Simulation and optimization of Mixture Formation and Combustion in diesels.
- Fuel Injection optimization. Optimization of sprayer design and location. Optimization of injection pressure, injection timing, injection rate shaping, split / multiple injection strategy. Individual diameters and arbitrary orientation of each nozzle are supported.
- PCCI analysis including Low Temperature Combustion phase, etc.
- Few injectors in one cylinder may have independent control (own fuel and own injection profiles). This system may be optimized.
- Detail Chemistry is simulated for Ignition Delay prediction at PCCI and HCCI for Diesel Fuel, Methanol and for Bio-Fuel.
- Common Rail control algorithm development; Automatic optimization of Injection Profile flanks shape. Optimization of boot-shaped Injection Profile, Optimization of Sequential Injection Profiles.
- Effect of Combustion Chamber Geometry modification.
- Effect of spatial and on-wall sprays intersection (overlap) on HRR is accounted.
- Fuel Sprays Evolution visualization: easy on a flat diagrams and with included 3D tool.
- Nitrogen Oxides, Soot and Particles formation simulation. Detail Kinetic Mechanism for NOx formation at massive EGR and multiple injection.
- Simulation of effects of Turbocharging, Intake and Exhaust Port flows, Bypasses, configuration of EGR system (with Venturi nozzle, cooler and blower). Simulation of water injection into engine.
- Valve and Port Timing optimization. VVA optimization with the dwell of the valves.
- Multiparametric optimization of engines parameters, Conjoint optimization of NOx, PM and SFC, including Pareto optimization.
- DIESEL-RK solver may be run under the control of other packages: Simulink, IOSO NM, etc.
- The tool is very easy in use. Remote access is provided (free for academic use). Download 126.96.36.199 version of Diesel-RK Client
Latest release: 188.8.131.52 (June 2020) has 3D mesh for sprays spatial intersection analysis; supports dual fuel engines, engines having few (up to 5) fuel injection systems working independently and injecting different fuels in one cycle; Finite Element Analysis of engine parts temperatures (What is a Diesel-RK.pdf).
The Engine Analyzer lets you simulate an engine build-up or modification on your personal computer. It let's you play 'what if' with cams, Heads, intakes, Superchargers, etc. And see the effect on torque, HP, fuel flow, air flow, valve toss or lifter pump-up, idle vacuum, cranking compression, spark knock, etc. 'Its like having a dynamometer right in your computer.' Lotus Engine Simulation. The engine model, designed with LESoft, is shown in Figure 7. The engine model consists of the cylinder (“CYL1” element), and intake and exhaust networks each of which is designed using three elements representing connector, port, and valve. Technical Overview: Dynomation-5 incorporates two distinct engine simulation models: 1) A Filling-And-Emptying simulation that provides extremely fast mathematical solutions to engine physics, including flow analysis and common intake- and exhaust-manifold modeling, making this technique a uniquely powerful and rapid way to 'ballpark' engine.
Petrol And Diesel Engine
|Select language to continue:|| Bauman Moscow State Technical |
This project has been supported by EU Marie-Curie International Incoming Fellowship Grant FP7-PEOPLE-2012-IIF/PIIF-GA-2012-328361.
DIESEL-RK is a new generation of engine simulation software DIESEL intended for ICE analysis. Diesel-RK code allows simulation and optimization of mixture formation and combustion in diesel engines. Spatial visualization of fuel sprays evolution helps to design piston bowl shape and sprayer nozzles orientations. NO emission model uses Zeldovich's mechanism for conventional engines and Detailed Kinetic Mechanism with zone model of combustion for modern engines having large EGR and multiple injection. Soot emission model is realized. Modeling of combustion with multiple fuel injection with electronically controlled fuel injection system allows development a Common Rail control algorithm. Thermodynamic model provides turbocharger and supercharger matching using SAE format files with turbine and compressor maps, EGR and bypasses simulation. Thermodynamic analysis and multiparametric optimization of valve timing, in-cylinder parameters, fuel injection system are provided. Remote access via Internet is supported. For simultaneous optimization of few engine parameters: NOx, Soot and SFC the target function including list of engine parameters may be calculated with User Model DLL and linked to the existing DIESEL-RK kernel. Detail Chemistry simulation at Ignition delay prediction for diesel fuel and Bio-fuel is implemented for PCCI and HCCI analysis. Results obtained with CHEMKIN code are used. Gas engines fueled by any kind of gas including natural gas, pipeline gas, biogas, syngas and arbitrary mixtures of gases are supported. Download software for free ...
Virtual Engine Room – Free Student Version is a fully functional simulator of the engine room with a low speed diesel engine and fixed pitch propeller. The simulator is free for the personal use by all students of maritime colleges and trainees from maritime training centres.
It is not allowed to use Virtual Engine Room – Free Student Version as a training aid for any commercial purposes or to sell it.
The computer model is based on actual plant data and will react naturally under any operating conditions. The model is divided into several modules each dealing with one sub-system and comprises:
- Main Engine
- Fuel System
- Cooling System
- Lubricating System
- Compressed Air System
- Power Plant
- Steam System
- Miscellaneous Systems (Bilge System, Ballast System, Fire Fighting System, Steering Gear).
Virtual Engine Room – Free Student Version includes detailed Step by Step Instruction which will guide the user from the dead ship conditions to Full Ahead at sea. The execution of the instruction can be stopped any time but the obtained results (engine room status) cannot be saved for a future continuation.
In order to be able to use Virtual Engine Room – Free Student Version you should have the Internet connection and you should follow the instruction given below:
- Download Virtual Engine Room – Free Student Version by clicking this link: ver_free_install.zip
- Unzip the setup files and install on your hard disk.
- Start VER_FREE for the first time in order to finalize the program registration. You will see the window shown below.
- 1.Click REGISTRATION button and you will be connected with Registration Form at Author’s web site.
Fill the obligatory fields in the form, copy User Key from Userfield in VER_FREE window and paste it in Registration Form.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION RULES
With the introduction on the 25th May 2018 of the GDPR, designed to unify data privacy requirements across Europe, we would like to ensure you have opted in to recieve the email with the registration code.
By clicking the Get free Code Key button below, you are giving your consent for us to send the email with the registration code. Please be informed that your data will never be used for any marketing puposes.
- Click Get free Code Key button at the form and you will see your unique Code Key. This key will be also send to your email address entered during the registration. Now, you can copy the Code Key from the screen or from your email message and paste it in Code field in VER_FREE window.
- Now, please click ENTER CODE button.
- This registration code will remain valid for the specific PC where User Key was generated. In case you have to reinstall the operating system, you can restore your Code Key from Author’s web site by entering again the User Key after new software installation and its first start. If you want to install Virtual Engine Room – Free Student Version in another computer you will get a new User Key and you will have to repeat the registration.
Known installation issues:
1. The User Key field is empty when starting Virtual Engine Room – Free Student Version for the first time. It means most probably the compatibility problem of your PC (hardware or drivers), so the best solution is to start the installation in another PC. Please note, that it is not possible to deliver any other (spare) User Key in such a case, and without User Key the Virtual Engine Room – Free Student Version will not work.
2. It is possible to get User Key and the working Code Key is delivered but the registration process must be repeated each time the program is started. It means most probably that you have no full access rights (including write) to the folder where the simulator is installed. You can do two things:
a. Set Read/Write rights for All Users in the Security tab of this folder (see Windows manual for details) ,
b. Install again the Virtual Engine Room – Free Student Version in one of your user sub folders where you have the write rights. The best method to check if you have the write rights in this folder is to create a simple short text file in this folder, save it and try to read it.