- Khs Free Agent Rockstar Bikes
- Khs Free Agent Rockstar Biker
- Khs Bikes Online
- Who Makes Khs Bikes
- Khs Free Agent Rockstar Bikers
- Khs Fat Bikes On Sale
|Jack Cheng-Kuan Hsieh, Chairman|
|Products||Bicycles and related components|
Khs Free Agent Rockstar Bikes
KHS Bicycles is a bicycle manufacturer founded in 1974 with main operations in the United States and Taiwan. Its bicycles are distributed in over 30 countries. Although KHS' main focus has been in mountain bikes, it has offerings in road bikes, folding bikes, tandem bikes, cruiser bikes (under the Manhattan brand name), single speed bikes and BMX bikes (under the FreeAgent brand name). Some of its products have been favorably reviewed.
KHS Bicycles, Inc. of Los Angeles, California is the designer and U.S. distributor of KHS Bicycles, Manhattan Cruisers and Free Agent BMX Bicycles. KHS stands for Knowledge, Health, and Strength. Founded in 1974 by Wen Hsieh, the KHS bicycle brand is a part of the KHS Co. Ltd., and UEC (United Engineering Cooperation) which manufactures bicycles, motorcycles and Yamaha musical instruments in wholly owned factories located in Taiwan. KHS, Inc. was founded and is located in Southern California. As of 2020 KHS makes more than 90 models of KHS bicycles, 24 models of Free Agent BMX Bicycles, and 25 models of Manhattan Cruisers to serve the needs of recreational as well as enthusiast cyclists in over 33 countries around the world. Making more than 130,000 bicycles a year, KHS Bicycles has many innovative models. Such as mountain & road bikes in XXL & XXXL models for the extra tall (6'4' and up!) cycling enthusiasts. KHS employs 120 associates in Taiwan, as well as 55 associates in the USA. KHS Inc. is also a major distributor for various Parts and Accessories manufacturers in the USA. Featuring brands like Shimano, Park Tool, Maxxis tires, Hollywood Racks, Thule, Maxima Racing Products and ODI, just to name a few.
Roadbikereview Newsletter. Get the latest road bike reviews, news, race results, and much more by signing up for the Roadbikereview Newsletter. KHS has also won several awards for its range of bikes, including Mountain Bike Magazine's Bike of the Year Award. In addition to the KHS branded bikes that the company offers they also have the Free Agent BMX brand, and the Manhattan Cruisers brand.
KHS Co. Ltd. Was founded in 1953 as part of the KHS Group, privately held by the Hsieh Family. The initial product produced by KHS was motorcycles under Yamaha license. In 1974, the KHS bicycle division was established with technical cooperation from Sukosha of Japan. In 1987, the KHS Co. and Yamaha of Japan established a joint venture operation in order to increase production capacity and explore new markets around the world. Consequently, motorcycles are now exported to Greece, Portugal, Italy, India and Japan. United Engineering Corp. was established in 1988. Formerly known as the KHS Bicycle Factory, United Engineering Corp. now manufactures KHS bicycles, as well as bicycles for other companies throughout the world.
Patents, awards and accomplishments
- KHS was the first Taiwan-made road bike to enter U.S. market with Reynolds 531 tubing. BicyclingMagazine tested this model in 1979 and rated it as good as a similar, French-made Motobecane model.
- KHS awarded the “Sears Partner in Progress” award in 1986
- KHS remains the only brand to have a finalist in Mountain Biking Magazine's “Bike of the Year” award every year since the inception of the award in 1992
- KHS Comp was awarded the “Bike of the Year” award by Mountain Biking Magazine in 1994 and 2001
- BicyclingMagazine awards the 1997 KHS Fleetwood its “Editor’s Choice Award” for best bike at the 1996 Interbike International Bicycle show
- In March 1998, the KHS FXT Sport is rated “Best Value” full suspension bike under $1000 by Mountain Bike Action Magazine
- KHS introduces suspension seatposts and semi-slick tires on its 1998 mountain bike line, a full year ahead of most other brands
- KHS is the first to introduce popularly priced Soft Tails to the market during 1999 giving Hard Tail and Full Suspension buyers a new alternative that incorporates the best of both designs
- Preferred Bicycle & Parts Distributor in the U.S. voted by U.S. bicycle dealers in 2002
- Consumers Digest Best Buy for the Urban Xpress bicycle in the July 2006 issue
- Bicycling Magazine’s “Editor’s Choice” for the 2006 XC604
- KHS introduces one of the first major production 650b wheel size mountain bike models in 2010
- Delta Linear, U.S. patent 5,842,712 issued on 12/1/98. KHS developed its Delta Linear Downtube in order to decrease weight and to increase strength, rigidity and long term durability of its frames. The teardrop-shaped Delta Linear tube is drawn to a round shape at the bottom bracket in order to reduce flex under aggressive pedaling and ovalized on the vertical axis at the headtube in order to increase frame rigidity by over 30% over conventional round tubes.
- Adjustable seat tower, patent pending. Found on the KHS LT3 frame, this seat tube Tower can be rotated via a cam to change the effective seat tube angle of the frame by four degrees. Ideal for downhill riders competing or riding in carried terrain.
- Brake Booster leverage converter, U.S. patent 5,660,082 issued August 26, 1997. This unique converter allows use of road bike brake levers with linear pull, “V” brakes. Found on all KHS road tandems.
Khs Free Agent Rockstar Biker
KHS & FREE AGENT Racing
KHS Bicycles and its BMX brand Free Agent have long histories of racing victories, including numerous national and world championships. Here is a brief list of some of the brands' top racing victories, sponsored riders and sponsored teams.
- John Howard: World speed record holder @ 152 m.p.h., 24-hour distance record holder @ 539 miles, Ironman Triathlon winner, 3-time Olympian, 13-time U.S. National cycling champion, Master dual road & MTB XC champion in U.S.A.
- Logan Binggeli: U.S.A. National Champion DH Pro
- Quinton Spaulding: U.S.A. National Champion DH Pro
- Kevin Aiello: U.S.A. National Champion DH Pro
- Steven Walton: U.S.A. National DH Pro
- Nikolas Nestoroff: U.S.A. National DH Pro
- Dave Cullinan: World Champion Downhill and Dual Slalom medal winner
- Cindy Whitehead: U.S. National Cyclocross champion
- “Insane Wayne” Croasdale: Mammoth Mountain kamikaze down hill champion
- Cheri Elliot: U.S. National Cyclocross and Dual Slalom Champion
- Andrew Shandro: Canadian Downhill champion
- Katrina Miller: UCI Dual Slalom champion, Australian Downhill champion
- Melissa Buhl: UCI World Downhill champion, U.S. National 4X champion
- Maris Strombergs: 2008 Olympic Gold Medal, 2008 UCI World Champion, 2012 Olympic Gold Medal 
- Kyle Bennett: 3-time UCI World Champion, Multi-time ABA and NBL National Champion
- Dale Holmes: 2-time UCI World Champion, Multi-time British National Champion
- Connor Fields: 2009 NBL National Champion, ABA National Age Group Champion
- Cristian Becerine: 9-time Argentine National Champion
- Romero Marino: 4-time Junior World Champion
- Mariana Pajon : 2009 UCI World Champion, Multi-time Colombian National Champion
- Nicole Callisto: 2005 Junior World Champion
- Tom Haugen: X-Games Pro
- Heath Pinter: X-Games Pro
- KHS Factory Racing
- BCR/Pizza Hut/KHS – Costa Rica
- South Bay Wheelman Club
- Guacamole Intern Seller Bicycle racing team
- San Francisco Cycle Couriers
- Highway.net cycling team
- ^Manufacturer website
- ^AM2000 review
- ^'XC104 review'. Archived from the original on 2008-09-26. Retrieved 2008-03-22.
- ^Bicycle Recommendation Short List
- ^'Archived copy'. Archived from the original on 2013-04-01. Retrieved 2013-06-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
Khs Bikes Online
Who Makes Khs Bikes
- Official website—(in English)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to KHS Bicycles.|
Enter to win a Rockstar BMX bike!
The Promotion is open to legal residents of Hawaii who are 18 years of age or older as of the Start Date of the Promotion.
Enter here for a chance to win!
Khs Free Agent Rockstar Bikers
Rules & Regulations
Khs Fat Bikes On Sale
ROCKSTAR & FOODLAND HAWAII FREE AGENT BMX BIKE SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE ODDS OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF HAWAII. VOID OUTSIDE OF HAWAII AND WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED.
The “Rockstar & Foodland Hawaii Free Agent BMX Bike Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion” or “Sweepstakes”) will commence at 12:00:01 PM Pacific Time (“PT”) on October 16, 2013 (“Start Date”) and ends at 11:59:59 AM PT on November 12, 2013 (“End Date;” and Start Date and End Date collectively, the “Promotion Period”).
1. SPONSOR/PROMOTIONAL PARTNER. The Promotion is sponsored by Rockstar, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and Foodland Super Market, LTD., (“Promotional Partner”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is open to legal residents of Hawaii(“Eligibility Area”) who are 18 years of age or older as of the Start Date of the Promotion. Directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives of Sponsor, Sponsor’s franchisees, and Promotional Partner, and each of their respective parent, sister, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, and all other corporations, partnerships, sole proprietorships or other legal entities or individuals associated with the development, administration, or fulfillment of this Promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and the immediate families of such persons (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent or grandparent or so-called “step” or “half’ variations of any of the preceding individuals, regardless of where they live), and those living in their same households, whether or not related, or a winner of any other of Sponsor’s official Sweepstakes during 180 days prior to the start date of the above-referenced Sweepstakes are ineligible to enter, win or collect prizes in the Promotion. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. There is one (1) way to enter into the promotion:
Facebook Entry: If you have not already “liked” the Foodland Hawaii page on Facebook, find the Sweepstakes tile at: http://www.facebook.com/foodlandhawaii (“Facebook Site”), “like” us and complete all required entry fields. If you already “like” the page on Facebook, visit the Facebook Site during the Promotion Period, and complete and submit the online official entry form. All Facebook entries must be received by 11:59:59 AM PT on November 12, 2013.
THIS PROMOTION IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK. BY ENTERING, YOU ARE PROVIDING THE INFORMATION TO SPONSOR, AND NOT TO FACEBOOK.
Promotion Entities will not acknowledge or confirm receipt of any Entries, regardless of entry method used. Promotion Entities are not responsible for Internet provider or cellular carrier or cell tower glitches or outages that result in the non-receipt of any participants’ entry attempts. Promotion Entities are not responsible for Entries that are garbled, corrupted, or otherwise unascertainable or incomprehensible. All Entries must be submitted by the End Date, any Entries or entry attempts received thereafter will be destroyed.
Limit one (1) Entry per Entrant, per method of entry, as described above, throughout the Promotion Period. Only one (1) email address per Entrant may be used in connection with this Promotion. Any person who attempts to participate by using email accounts, multiple facebook accounts, or by using any device or artifice to participate in violation of the terms stated in these official Rules, may be disqualified by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar participation methods or agents will void such participation in the Promotion. In the event of a dispute over who is an Entrant or who an Entry corresponds to, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to Enter the Promotion as of the actual time that such information was received by Sponsor, will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account subscriber” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Promotion Entities may require an Entrant to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entrants may be required to indicate their acceptance to the Official Rules where indicated at the time of registration; provided, however, that any Entrant’s participation in the Promotion constitutes, and is deemed, such Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to the Official Rules and any and all decisions of Promotion Entities, which are final and binding in all respects. All Entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion and/or these Official Rules.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION.
Winner Selection: There will be a total of four (4) Grand Prize Winners (each, a “Grand Prize Winner”) in the Promotion determined by a series of random drawings (each, a “Random Drawing”) from among all eligible Entries received in the Promotion Period. The Random Drawings will take place on or about the following dates, or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable:
• October 23, 2013
• October 30, 2013
• October 6, 2013
• October 13, 2013
Non-winning entries will roll over to subsequent Random Drawings. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. All Entries are subject to verification, confirmation and compliance with the Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
Winner Notification: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential Prize Winner of his/her winning status via the cellular telephone number, and/or e-mail address provided in connection with the Prize Winner’s Entry within a week of the Random Drawing, at Sponsor’s discretion. Potential Winner must respond within seventy-two (72) hours of notification attempt. Failure to respond to notification within the stated time will result in forfeiture of the Prize. Awarding of any prize is subject to verification of potential Winner's eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules. Except where prohibited, the selected potential Winner may be required to complete and return to Sponsor or its designated agent an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit and Release”) within three (3) days of receiving the Affidavit and Release. Failure to return the signed Affidavit and Release within three (3) days following the date of delivery thereof may result in forfeiture of the Prize. If a potential Winner cannot be contacted as specified above, or if he/she fails to return the signed Affidavit of Eligibility by the deadline specified above, or if a potential winner is deemed ineligible for any other reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be randomly selected in his/her place from among all remaining eligible Entries. Up to three (3) alternate winner drawings may be conducted for each un-awarded Prize, after which the Prize will remain un-awarded.
Each Grand Prize Winner will receive: • One (1) Rockstar Free Agent BMX Bike
Total ARV of each Grand Prize: $250 USD.
Total ARV of all Prizes to be awarded in this Promotion: $1000 USD.
Allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of Prize. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Each Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable fees and taxes associated with receipt and use of the Grand Prize and Sponsor will provide the Grand Prize Winner with an IRS Form 1099, if applicable, reflecting the actual final retail value of the Grand Prize, or such other governmental tax forms that may be necessary, as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Any registered trademarks are not intended to suggest or imply the sponsorship, endorsement, or the approval this Sweepstakes.
6. GENERAL TERMS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: All Entries related to this Promotion become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor and/or Administrator. All such Entries are subject to verification. By entering or otherwise participating in the Promotion and/or accepting any Prize, each Entrant hereby fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Promotion Entities, or their respective designated agent, which are final and legally binding in all respects, and agrees to waive any right to claim any ambiguity in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or revise these Official Rules at any time and for any reason. The Entrant also agrees to assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of materials/mail/email submitted to or from Sponsor or Administrator, and further agrees that all prizes are awarded upon the condition that the Promotion Entities or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, principals, partnerships, employees or agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) shall have no liability whatsoever and shall be held harmless for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons or property, including death, sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with or resulting from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any Prize, or participation in this Promotion or participation in any Promotion-related activities and further acknowledges that said Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize awarded in connection with the Promotion.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without prior notice or obligation and at any time, to cancel, terminate or suspend this Promotion, or any portion thereof, should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion, or for any other reason, at their sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, at its discretion, may select winners from the eligible, non-suspect, eligible Entries fulfilling the applicable eligibility requirements prior to the event requiring such termination, cancellation or suspension. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors, including in the Official Rules. The Released Parties are not responsible for hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, traffic congestion on the Internet, on the Website or any other website, in any cellular telephone lines, networks, or towers, or any combination thereof, lost network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer or text message transmissions, whether caused by Sponsor, users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, or by technical or human error which may occur and/or which may damage Promotion Entities’ ability to receive or store Promotion data, or which may damage a participant’s system in connection with the selected method of entry, or which may otherwise limit any participant’s ability to participate and/or redeem Prizes in the Promotion. In the event that any participant’s entry attempt is not successfully received by Promotion Entities, that participant’s sole remedy shall be to attempt to enter the Promotion once again during the Promotion Period. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Promotion, violates these Official Rules, or otherwise engages in fraudulent or offensive conduct with respect to this Promotion. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation or administration of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
By accepting a Prize, all Winners agree that Sponsor may use any and all such Winners’ name, city and/or state/territory of residence, statements, likeness, voice, photograph and/or biographical information, without limitation, for promotional purposes relating to the Promotion, in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the Internet, worldwide, in perpetuity, without further consideration or payment, where permitted by law. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS,” “WHERE IS,” WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Prizes are nonassignable, nonsubstitutable, and nontransferable. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute cash or prizes of equal or greater monetary value. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner will be required to promptly return to Sponsor the awarded Prize(s), or the cash value thereof. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision herein. Should any provision of the Official Rules be deemed unenforceable or invalid, the other provisions of the Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect. In the event that this Promotion is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including but not limited to any federal or state governmental authority), Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Promotion, as applicable, or to disqualify any participant residing in any affected geographic areas, as applicable. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any participants who are disqualified due to such an action.
7. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, participants agree that: all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant(s), Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Participants agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Promotion, or awarding of the Prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of California and the participants hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Promotion, the participants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or awarding of the prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives, all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
9. WINNER NAMES AND OFFICIAL RULES: For the names of the Winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email request to [email protected] with the subject line “Rockstar & Foodland Hawaii Free Agent BMX Bike Sweepstakes”. All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and the names of winners must be made by November 12, 2013. Please note in the subject line of your correspondence whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the names of “Prize Winners.”
10. SPONSOR: Rockstar, Inc., 101 Convention Center Dr., Suite 777, Las Vegas, NV 89109.
Any and all registered names or trademarks used in this Promotion are for identification purposes only. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners, and their use does not signify such owners’ approval or endorsement of, or connection with, Sponsor or this Promotion.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Open to legal residents of HI, 18 and older. Void outside of HI and where prohibited. Starts at 12:00:01 PM PT on 10/16/13 and ends at 11:59:59 AM PT on 11/12/13. For official rules visit: http://rockstarenergy.com. Sponsored by: Rockstar, Inc. Las Vegas, NV.