- Error Code 1618 While Installing Java Runtime
- Java Error 1618 Windows 10
- Java 1618 Error Fix
Ok, then since we know that something regarding the Java uninstall aspect is malfunctioning, then lets install a new version and the install will replace all files with the new update. Then at that point, the uninstall can be used to completely uninstall Java. Download Windows Data Migration Tool When you attempt to run Windows Installer, or a program dependent on it, you may have experienced the 1618 error. This error means that you have more than one instance of Windows Installer running and so the process cannot continue. Error 1618 isn’t unique to Java. It is an error from Microsoft Installer (.msi) stating that another.msi is currently being processed. You see, the Microsoft Installer, msiexec.exe, can only process one installation at a time. This error will be encountered when one MSI is attempted to be installed while another is currently processing.
Error Code 1618 While Installing Java Runtime
Source: How to Fix Java 1618 Error Code on Windows 10
1. Terminate the msiexec.exe
- On the taskbar of your computer, make a right-click.
- Then pick the Task Manager option.
- Jump to the Processes tab.
- Then find the processes labelled as msiexec.exe.
- Once you find that option, make a right-click on that and hit on the End task option.
- Now head back to the Java software installer and then begin the installation once more to see if the error is resolved.
- If the Java 1618 Error Code still appearing while installation of Java product, then keep on following the other solutions.
2. Edit the Windows Installer Service
- Head to the Start Menu.
- Now search for services.msc and then choose the best match.
- In the Services window, find the Windows Installer option.
- Make a right-click on the option and then head to its Properties.
- While you get to the next window, head to Start.
- This will run the service again.
3. Using Offline Java Installer
- First and foremost, uninstall any Java application from the device.
- Then go to the Official site and then locate the Windows Offline file.
- Download it by navigating to its Download link.
- Once the installer is downloaded, make a right-click on the downloaded file.
- Head to Run as administrator.
- The installation will start, to complete the process just follow the onscreen steps.
4. Obtaining the Windows Update
- Press the Windows + I keys together on the keyboard to bring the Settings app on your screen.
- Then head to Update and Security.
- After that, Head to Check for Updates.
- Now let the Windows Update download all of the required files to your PC.
- Once the updates are downloaded the installation will begin automatically.
- Reboot the computer once the process finishes.
Java Error 1618 Windows 10
5. Uninstall the Recently Updated files
Java 1618 Error Fix
- Head to Start menu.
- Head to Settings.
- Then make a tap in Update and Security option.
- Head to View update history option.
- Go to Uninstall updates.
- Now the Control panel would appear and you will see the list of installed programs.
- Choose an update that seems problematic and then make a right-click on it.
- Head to Uninstall button.
- Reboot the device.