I need the RETAIL.ISO key. The Windows 98 SE Key trick works with the OEM, but NOT the Retail version. I am currently going through the Serials thread, but trying every single individual key would take weeks. I cannot bypass the serial key prompt as some have suggested. Windows 98 First Edition serial number or unlock key is available to the public, you can freely download the serial key. Please verify you're human: Important: With the verification you expressively agree with our Disclaimer. Title Mini Windows 98 find -set-root /WIN98/WIN98.IMG map -mem /WIN98/WIN98.IMG (fd0) map -hook chainloader (fd0)+1 rootnoverify (fd0) In other words, the 'result' is not 'really-really' a bootable.iso, but rather a bootable.iso containing a bootable superfloppy image, this was the part that wasn't clear to me at first sight. Windows 98 Second Edition (SE) CD KEY: RW9MG-QR4G3-2WRR9-TG7BH-33GXB Full Edition, English UK DKJQY-TMJGF-BYYPQ-Q2HB7-W2K3V Upgrade English, U.S. Version K4HVD-Q9TJ9-6CRX9-C9G68-RQ2D3 Win 98 Upgrade Second Edition, also 1st edition full retail.
Windows 98 was a GUI based operating system that was released by Microsoft in 1998. It was released as a part of the 9x series of the windows operating system which included its predecessor, Windows 95. Windows 98 was released in both 32 and 16-bit versions just like the older windows 95 and it was based on the Disk Operating System (DOS) which was a Command-Line operating system developed by Microsoft. Windows 98 was released on the 15th of May in the year 1998 and was put on sale worldwide on the 25th of June in the same year.
After Windows 98, came the Windows 98 SE. Here, SE stands for Second edition and was released on the 5th of May in the year 1999. Both Windows 98, as well as the Windows 98 SE operating systems, were supported by Microsoft till the 30th of June 2002. Buyers could, however, get extended support till the 11th of July 2006. You can download Windows 98 ISO from our website.
License / Product Key
625MB / 623MB
Features of Windows 98 ISO
Taskbar and Start Menu
The taskbar, one of Windows 95’s smarter innovations, is even better in Internet Explorer 4.0 and Win98. Microsoft has hewn the new improved version closely to the “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it” school of thought. There’s been no mind-bending, radical overhaul, but rather the addition of significant and useful enhancements.
People found the new Web-savvy features helpful (though new users thought that they might complicate matters). With Windows 98, the Favorites folder was found on the Start menu. Under the Find folder, a “Find… On the Internet” choice took you to Microsoft’s search site.
The Start menu additions were notable, but the taskbar itself was where the action is. Microsoft finally heeded the cries of Windows 95 users who craved the ability to drag-and-drop document, application and folder shortcuts directly onto the taskbar, the way they could with the Office97 Software.
Windows 98’s Web View mainly did three things: It performed single-click navigation; it provided a way to view and customize the appearance of folders; and it added a fifth icon view to the original four views which were large icons, small icons, list, as well as details.
Web View shouldn’t be confused with Win98’s many hooks into the Internet. With Windows 98, you could get to the Web anytime from anywhere in Win98, even with Web View turned off. Likewise, you could enjoy Web View without an Internet connection. As such, Web View was a misnomer. A better name would be Browser View because it really enabled you to navigate and view the files on your computer with a browser-like interface.
MMX (Multimedia Extensions) was a set of 57 new instructions that Intel had added to certain x 86 processors to speed multimedia tasks. Each instruction greatly sped up processing by abbreviating the multiple instructions previous processors require to accomplish a given task. MMX-enhanced processors included Intel’s P55C Pentium and Pentium II, AMD’s K6 and Cyrix’s 6x86MX. Windows 98 was the first operating system to support MMX, which meant improved performance for image processing, video, audio, video conferencing and similar functions.
Scripting and Automation
Microsoft figured out a good way to make Windows 98 faster. The Disk Defragmenter Optimization Wizard tracked the programs you ran most often, then clustered those programs on the fastest part of your hard disk. To use it, close down all applications and launch the wizard. It lets you choose programs you run frequently, launches them and notes which files are accessed from the hard disk for each.
One of the key pieces to Win98’s performance puzzle was WinAlign, a utility that aligns the contents of program files so they load faster-20% faster (or more). With speedier access to your applications and the data they use, you were able to trim unproductive wait times.
Load times are slower with unaligned code because Win98 must copy it from the disk-cache page to a brand new memory page aligned on a 4KB boundary. Aligned programs would start faster because Win98 runs the code directly from the disk-cache pages where they were loaded.
With Windows 98, Microsoft introduced the new and improved FAT32 (File Allocation Utility) file system. FAT32 frees up hard-disk space by allocating the space much more efficiently than previous versions of FAT did. With FAT32, you can get an average of 28 percent more disk space without buying any new hardware. Launch software programs faster when you combine FAT32 with Microsoft Windows 98 Disk Defragmenter. With FAT32 you can work with a very large hard disk which can be over two terabytes it’s easier with FAT32 because you can represent the disk with a single drive letter, rather than splitting it in two.
Minimum System Requirements for Windows 98 ISO
Here are the minimum requirements your computer hardware must meet in order to run Windows 98:
- Computer/processor: 486DX/66 MHz or higher processor.
- Memory: 16 megabytes (MB) of memory; more memory improves performance.
- Hard disk: Typical installation requires approximately 195 MB of free hard-disk space, but may range between 120 MB to 295 MB, depending on your system configuration and the options you choose to install.
- Drive: CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive (3.5″ high-density disks available for an additional charge).
- Display: VGA or higher-resolution monitor.
- Peripheral/miscellaneous: Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device.
How to get Windows 98 ISO Download for Free
Now that you know about the features of Windows 98 and would like to try it for yourself, you can download Windows 98 ISO from our website.
To download and install Windows 98 ISO for free, follow these steps:-
- First, download the Windows 98 ISO file.
- You can now use a pen drive or burn the ISO file to a disk using software like Power ISO.
- Boot into the USB drive or the CD/DVD and follow the installation instructions to install Windows 98 ISO on your computer.
Alternatively, you can also install the Windows 98 ISO on a Virtual Machine using Virtualbox or similar software. Just make sure that your computer supports virtualization and boot up the virtual machine with the Windows 98 ISO as the virtual disk and follow the installation instructions to install Windows 98 ISO on a virtual machine.
Windows 98 ISO: Windows 98 SE free download - ISORIVER
Windows 98 was a GUI based operating system that was released by Microsoft in 1998. It was released as a part of the 9x series of the windows operating system
Price Currency: USD
Operating System: Windows 98
Application Category: OS
|ProduKey v1.93 - Recover lost Windows product key (CD-Key) and Office 2003/2007 product key.|
Copyright (c) 2005 - 2018 Nir Sofer
Windows 98 Iso Full Download
- Recover lost CD keys for Windows and 10000+ major programs - including products of Adobe, Symantec, Autodesk, and more...
- NK2Edit - Edit, merge and fix the AutoComplete files (.NK2) of Microsoft Outlook.
- FileTypesMan - Alternative to 'File Types' manager of Windows.
- UninstallView - Alternative to the software uninstaller of Windows.
DescriptionProduKey is a small utility that displays the ProductID and the CD-Key of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Office 2007),Windows (Including Windows 8/7/Vista), Exchange Server, and SQL Server installed on your computer.You can view this information for your current running operating system, or for anotheroperating system/computer - by using command-line options. This utility can be useful if you lost the product key of your Windows/Office, and you wantto reinstall it on your computer.
- Version 1.93
- Added 'Office Product Name Extraction Mode' option, which controls the way that the product name of MS-Office is extarcted from the Registry:
'Prefer the product name from Uninstall Registry key' - ProduKey tries to extract the product name from the Uninstall Registry entry, like it did until version 1.85
'Prefer the product name from Office Registry key' - ProduKey first tries to extract the product name from 'ProductNameNonQualified' and 'ConvertToEdition' Registry values, like it did starting from version 1.86
- Added 'Office Product Name Extraction Mode' option, which controls the way that the product name of MS-Office is extarcted from the Registry:
- Version 1.92
- Added 'Build Number' column (For Windows entries only).
- Version 1.91
- When loading product keys from remote computer or external drive, the name of the computer or external path is now displayed in the window title.
- Version 1.90
- When the 'Temporarily start the remote registry service on the remote computer' option is turned on, ProduKeynow starts the Remote Registry service even if it's disabled.
- Version 1.88
- Added 'Save All Items' option.
- Version 1.87
- Fixed to display Office version if the product name is not stored in the Registry.
- Version 1.86
- Fixed bug: ProduKey displayed wrong product name of Microsoft Office taken from another Registry key.
- Version 1.85
- Added 'Auto Size Columns+Headers' option.
- Added 'Auto Size Columns On Load' option.
- Version 1.83
- Added support for SQL Server 2012/2014.
- Version 1.82
- Added 'Run As Administrator' option (Ctrl+F11), which is needed to get a product key from external drive on Windows Vista and later.
- Version 1.81
- You can now export the product keys list to JSON file.
- Version 1.80
- Added option to temporarily start the remote registry service on the remote computer (For reading the product keys from the Registry on the remote computer).
- Version 1.75
- Added support for some Adobe and Autodesk products.
- Version 1.70
- Added support for BIOS OEM Key (Windows 8).
- Version 1.67
- The DefaultProductKey Registry key support added on v1.61 is now turned off by default (You can turn it on with 'Load Default Product Key' option).
- Version 1.66
- Added /NoErrorMessage command-line option. If you specify it with a save command-line option, an error messagewon't be displayed if the save action is failed. Instead, the error code will be returned to the caller.
- Version 1.65
- Added support for Visual Studio.
- Version 1.62
- Fixed bug from v1.61: ProduKey crashed in some systems.
- Version 1.61
- ProduKey now tries to extract the key from DefaultProductKey Registry key if the product key cannot be found in the standard location of Windows 7 product key.
- Version 1.60
- Added support for SQL Server 2008.
- Version 1.56
- Fixed a bug with the 'N' character location on the product key of Windows 8.
- Version 1.55
- Fixed ProduKey to decode properly the product key of Windows 8.
- Version 1.54
- Fixed issue: The properties and 'Select Source' windows opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.
- Version 1.53
- Fixed bug: ProduKey displayed wrong product name string for Exchange Server 2003.
- Version 1.52
- Decreased the height of the 'Select Source' window to fit the netbook screen size of 1024x600.
- Version 1.51
- Added 'Show Time In GMT' option.
- Added 'Mark Odd/Even Rows' option, under the View menu. When it's turned on, the odd and even rows are displayed in different color, to make it easier to read a single line.
- Version 1.50
- Added 'Show the computer name for every IP address' option.This option is useful when you scan a range of IP addresses, and you want to view the computer nameof every IP address. Be aware that the computer names will appear a few seconds after finishing to scan the product keys.
- Version 1.46
- Added accelerator keys for 'Copy Product ID' (Ctrl+I) and for 'Copy Product Key' (Ctrl+K).
- Version 1.45
- Added 'Add Header Line To CSV/Tab-Delimited File' option. When this option is turned on, the column names are addedas the first line when you export to csv or tab-delimited file.
- Version 1.43
- When the product key is not stored in the Registry (like in volume licenses of Windows 7), ProduKey will display 'Product key was not found' instead of wrong 'BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB' key
- Version 1.42
- Added 'Copy Product ID' and 'Copy Product Key' options.
- Version 1.41
- Added /ExtractEdition command-line option.
- Version 1.40
- Fixed ProduKey to display the right product key of Microsoft Office 2010 Beta (Office 14)
- Version 1.38
- Added sorting options from command-line.
- Version 1.37
- Fixed issue with x64 systems - The 32-bit version of ProduKey can now also retrievethe product key when you run it on x64 system.
- Version 1.36
- Added command-line options to control which types of product keys will be shown. (/WindowsKeys, /OfficeKeys, and others)
- Version 1.35
- New option: Load the product keys of external Windows installations from all disks currently plugged to your computer.When using this option, ProduKey automatically scan all your hard-drives, find the Windows installation folder in them, and extract all product keys stored in these Windows installations.
- New Command-Line Option: /external
- Version 1.33
- Fixed bug: In 'Select Source' dialog-box, a disk drive error message displayed in some computers.
- Added AutoComplete to Windows directoried combo-box.
- Version 1.32
- You can now send the information to stdout by specifying an empty filename (') in the command-line. (For example: produkey.exe /stab ' >> c:tempprd.txt)
- Version 1.31
- Added the last modified time of the ProductID Registry key.
- Version 1.30
- New option: display the edition (Standard/Professional/Enterprise) of Windows 2000/XP/2003. (doesn't work for remote computers)
- Added AutoComplete for file selection.
- Fixed bug: The main window lost the focus when the user switched to another application and then returned back to ProduKey.
- Version 1.26
- Added support for saving comma-delimited (.csv) files.
- Added new command-line option: /scomma
- Version 1.25
- Added new source option: Load the product keys from all computers in the specified IP addresses range.
- New command-line option: /iprange
- New option: Check every remote machine with ping before trying to connect. (Only for Windows 2000 or above)
- Version 1.20
- Added 'Select Source' (F9) option - user interface for loading the product keys from remote computers or from external drive.
- Version 1.15
- Added 'Service Pack' column (Only for Windows entries)
- Added 'Installation Folder' column (Only for Windows and Office entries)
- Version 1.10 - Added filters by product type.
- Version 1.08 - The configuration of ProduKey is now saved to a file instead of the Registry.
- Version 1.07
- Added support for product key of Ms-Office under x64, when it's retrieved from external Registry file.
- Added x64 build - for locally retrieving product keys of x64 versions of Windows.
- Version 1.06 - Added support for SQL Server 2005.
- Version 1.05
- Display information in the status bar while scanning computers with /remoteall and /remotefile options
- New option /remotealldomain - scan all computers in the specified domain.
- Changes in the way that /remoteall scan all computers.
- Version 1.04 - Added product key of Exchange Server.
- Version 1.03 - new command-line option: /remoteall
- Version 1.02 - On newer versions of Office (XP/2003) - display the real product name, if it's written in the Registry.
- Version 1.01 - Added support for XP visual style.
- Version 1.00 - First release.
- When running produkey.exe, Some Antivirus programs display an alert and/or block you from running it.Click here to read more about false alerts in Antivirus programs
If your Antivirus software shows a false alert, you can use the following article that explains how to send a report about a false positive issue to your Antivirus company:
How to Report Malware or False Positives to Multiple Antivirus Vendors
- For some types of license keys under Windows 7/8/2008, the product key is not stored in the Registry, and thus 'Product key was not found' message will be displayed.
- If you bought your computer with installed operating system, you may find the Windows product key appeared in ProduKey utility is different from the product key on your Windows CD. This problem is mostly reported with Dell computers.
- From unknown reason, the product key of Visual Stuido .NET is written in the Registry as Office XP product...
- In old versions of Office (Office 2000 and below), the 'Product Key' value is not available.
Supported Products List
- Microsoft Windows 98/ME
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows NT
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Doesn't work with Microsoft Volume Licensing)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (Doesn't work with Microsoft Volume Licensing)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (Doesn't work with all types of licenses)
- Microsoft Office 2000 (Only ProductID is displayed)
- Microsoft Office 2003
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
- Visual Studio
- Some of the Adobe and Autodesk products.
System RequirementsProduKey works on all versions of Windows. Both 32-bit and 64-bit systems are supported. However, some features, like viewing theproduct keys of another operating system instance, are only supported on Windows 2000/XP/2003/2008/Vista/7/8.
LicenseThis utility is released as freeware. You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM, Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this and you don'tsell it or distribute it as a part of commercial product. If you distribute this utility, you must include all files inthe distribution package, without any modification !
DisclaimerThe software is provided 'AS IS' without any warranty, either expressed or implied,including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitnessfor a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
Using ProduKeyProduKey doesn't requite any installation process or additional DLLs. In order to start using it, simply extract the files to any folder you like, and then run the executable file - produkey.exe
If you want, you can also download ProduKey with full install/uninstall support (produkey_setup.exe), and then install it like any other software.
The main window of ProduKey displays the list of Windows, Office, and SQL Server products installed on your system.For each product, the 'Product ID' and 'Product Key' are displayed.If you want the view the product key information in another computer, or in another operating system within the same computer, use the command-line options below.
|/remotealldomain [Domain Name]||Enumerate all computers in the specified domain, and load the product key information from them.|
|/iprange [From IP] [To IP]||Load product key information from all computers in the specified IP addresses range.In order to use this option, you must have Administrator privileges in all these computers.|
|/windir [Windows Directory]||Load product key information from another operating system on the same computer.The [Windows Directory] specifies the base folder of Windows installation, for example:c:windows, c:winnt|
This feature is only supported on Windows 2000/XP/2003/2008/Vista/7.
|/regfile [Software Registry File]||Load product key information from another operating system on the same computer.The [Software Registry File] specifies the software registry file usually located underc:windowssystem32config|
This feature is only supported on Windows 2000 or greater.
|/WindowsKeys [0 1]||Specifies whether you want to view the product keys of Windows. 0 = No, 1 = Yes.|
|/IEKeys [0 1]||Specifies whether you want to view the product keys of Internet Explorer. 0 = No, 1 = Yes.|
|/ExchangeKeys [0 1]||Specifies whether you want to view the product keys of Exchange. 0 = No, 1 = Yes.|
|You can also combine the above command-line options with the following save options in order to saveproduct key information to file:|
|/stab <Filename>||Save the list of product keys into a tab-delimited text file.|
|/stabular <Filename>||Save the list of product keys into a tabular text file.|
|/sverhtml <Filename>||Save the list of product keys into vertical HTML file.|
|/sjson <Filename>||Save the list of product keys into JSON file.|
produkey.exe /shtml 'f:tempkeys.html' /sort 2 /sort ~1
produkey.exe /shtml 'f:tempkeys.html' /sort 'Product Name' /sort 'Product Key'
|/NoErrorMessage||When you specify it, ProduKey will not display an error message if the save action is failed.|
produkey.exe /remote Server01
produkey.exe /remotefile 'c:tempcomputers.txt'
produkey.exe /regfile 'F:WINNTsystem32configsoftware'
produkey.exe /windir 'c:winnt' /shtml 'c:temppk.html'
produkey.exe /remotealldomain MyDomain
produkey.exe /iprange 192.168.1.10 192.168.1.50
produkey.exe /stab ' >> c:tempprd.txt
produkey.exe /OfficeKeys 0 /WindowsKeys 1 /shtml f:tempkeys.html
Translating ProduKey to other languagesIn order to translate ProduKey to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run ProduKey with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named ProduKey_lng.ini will be created in the folder of ProduKey utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site. (TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run ProduKey, and all translated strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run ProduKey without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move it to another folder.
Windows 98 Iso File
FeedbackIf you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility, you can send a message to [email protected]
|Download ProduKey (In Zip file)|
|Download ProduKey for x64|
|Download ProduKey with full install/uninstall support|
|Recover keys of other non-Windows products|
ProduKey is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of ProduKey, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'produkey_lng.ini', and put it in the same folder that you Installed ProduKey utility.
|Bahasa Indonesia||Agus Nurliawan||14/09/2007|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Toni Leandro (MDM-MG Brazil)||01/03/2018|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Paulo Neto||08/01/2016|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Paulo Guzmán||12/08/2018||1.93|
|Czech||Julius Faltus (v.1.66)||30/07/2014|
|French||Skorpix38 (oct 2016)||31/10/2016||1.87 (oct 2016)|
|French||Leo (Juin 2020)||10/06/2020||1.93 (Juin 2020)|
|Galician||Xosé Antón Vicente Rodríguez||11/05/2005|
|German||«Latino» auf WinTotal.de||13/06/2018||1.93|
|Lithuanian||Igor Gubaidulin a.k.a. MucTuK||16/06/2006|
|Portuguese||Filipe 'Pollux' Baeta||01/09/2017|
|Portuguese Brazil||Mark Nascimento - Bambuí||02/06/2005|
|Romanian||Coman Gelu Danut||02/12/2020||1.93|
|Russian||selkv && Habetdin||13/07/2010||1.42|
|Spanish||Jose Antonio Alvarez Dominguez||16/03/2016|
|Traditional Chinese||Danfong Hsieh||13/06/2018|
|Ukrainian||Yurii Petrashko (aka YuriPet)||12/05/2011||1.46|