Doorking Wireless Kit for 1812 Systems. Wireless Voice - Use your telephone to answer and grant/deny access to guests and visitors at a front door or gate. Wireless Data - Connect to your computer for full programming and access controls/tracking.
- htmlIDEAL FOR SINGLE FAMILY & SMALL BUSINESSThe 1812 Series is a unique Telephone Intercom System that allows homeowners to use their telephone as an intercom to speak to a guest at a front door or gate without having to pay for an additional telephone line at their home. With its “intercom mode” programming feature, the 1812 can also be connected to a PBX or KSU type system, making it.
- 1812-162-V-5-16 1 SPECIFICATIONS Features Surface Mount Wall Mount Flush Mount Surface Mount Curved DoorKing, Inc. Reserves the right to make changes in the products described in this manual without notice and without obligation of DoorKing, Inc. To notify any persons of any such.
The 1812 Access Plus is Doorking's top-of-the-line access control and communication system for residential applications. The 1812 Access Plus is PC Programmable and IP Addressible. Once you install the Access Plus Account Manager software on your PC, you can easily connect it to your home network and even program the system and receive reports via the internet. The 1812 Access Plus controls a main door or gate and can easily be expanded to control up to six additional access points.
The 1812 Access Plus features an upgraded processor, a new high fidelity digital voice circuit, better volume control, a lighted push-button and additional call out telephone numbers (up to 27). Discerning homeowners will appreciate the additional programming, reporting and advanced features found in the 1812 Access Plus system. DoorKing's Access PlusAccount Manager Software is a powerful, flexible and easy to use computer program that allows you to manage access control in a variety of controlled access applications.
I have been installing DoorKing residential telephone entry systems for over 22 years now. They’ve changed a lot over all those years! The newest model is the 1812 Access Plus or 1812 A+. There are many differences between the previous models, but the most notable are these:
- Ethernet ready: Local or remote programming over the internet. Supports DynamicDNS services.
- Five digit entry codes only
- Holds set from keypad cannot be released by phone.
- Holds set by phone cannot be released by keypad
- Strike time tone fixed to one second.
- Expandable to a total of six relays.
- All six relays can be assigned “tone-open” numbers!
- RS-485, three wire network for linking additional Card readers, radio receivers and weigand devices.
- Lighted Call Button.
- 27 preprogrammed phone number calling.
- Super-nice synthetic dialtone for No-phone line applications
I’ve mixed the features I like with some I don’t. I liked being able to release holds. I guess most people didn’t. I think one thing that struck me most odd about this product is that it’s not backward compatible to older models. The entry codes are fixed at five digits. If you’ve got plans to upgrade a single entry system in a multiple system setup, be warned, you may need to prepare the customer for replacing all of them. I feel that one thing lacking on this unit would be some kind of web interface. There is none. So if you think it would be cool to control your gate from an iPhone, like I would, this product won’t do it.
If you’ve got a Mac, Forget it. The software is Windows only.
Doorking 1812 Classic
This post also reminds me that I shouldn’t have given away my camera in favor of my iPhone. The Iphone takes lousy pictures!